Hello all athletes,
We have a lot going on this weekend. Many of you are joining us on Saturday for the Coopersburg 5k. Below I have pasted the information to get your race packet and a link to all information for race day. You can still sign up, so don’t miss out! Help show your support to the local community. We do have a 5k programmed for Saturday, so why not donate to a great charity and run with all of us representing CFT!!
After you are all prepped from your 5k we will be holding our annual Murph on Monday memorial day. This event is open to anyone who would like to come out and challenge themselves. It is scalable to all fitness levels. We will be opening our doors around 8am for those who are looking to come in and warm up a bit. Our first set of athletes will be set out for their first run by 9am. We will be running heats there after with the intentions of last heats to be no later then a 10:30am start time.
There are no other regular classes scheduled Monday
No CFT 360 bootcamp
Open gym – regular hours
Coop 5k info from Jennifer Wescoe:
Hellooo 2018 Coopersburg 5K Run for Pulmonary FIbrosis runners and overall just AWESOME people!!
Friday, May 25: Coopersburg Borough Hall, Coopersburg, PA
- When you get to the Borough Hall, there will be white a BIG FOAM sign on the outside of the Borough Hall (weather permitted). It will have your names alphabetically listed. Look for your name, then look at the race bib # assigned to you.
- Write down or memorize your race bib #. Tell our FANTASTIC volunteers your bib # and they will give you a race packet. In the packet we’ll have your race bib #, race route, and 4 pins to pin the bib # on shirt and your very own Coopersburg 5K Run or Kids’ Fun Run tee-shirt.
- Then, you will proceed to the RUNNERS BAGS.
- I strongly recommend that you pick up your race packet, tee-shirt, and goody bag this night. I would like to avoid any congestion on Saturday, RACE DAY.
Saturday, May 26: Coopersburg Borough Hall , Coopersburg, PA
- The same procedures as above for Packet Pick up between 6:30 am- 7.30 am at Coopersburg Borough Hall.
- There are listed and approved parking areas on the race route…take a look, so that you know where you will park the morning of the race.
- DO NOT PARK by the Coopersburg FIRE STATION. In case there is an emergency they need to get out of the station!
- I will be located at the VILLAGE SHOPPING CENTER from around 7:15 am- 7:40 am.
- At 8 am, we’ll start walking up to the starting area. There balloons to guide everyone to the START of the Coopersburg 5K Run.
- START is in front of DONOVAN’S CORNER/GOOD SHEPARD REHAB: ON MAIN STREET in Coopersburg. FOLLOW RACE MAP
- FINISH is at the entrance of the VILLAGE SHOPPING CENTER.
- 1st TIME RUNNERS: WEAR your race bib #’s in the FRONT. So that the volunteers at the FINISH line can easily tear the bottom of your race bib. Otherwise, it interrupts the flow of getting the takes to record the time you finished.
- Please arrive between 6.45 am-7.15 am because of traffic congestion, finding a parking spot and getting to the start. The roads around the perimeter of the course will be CLOSED at 7.45 am SHARP.
- There will be a hospitality tent at the VILLAGE SHOPPING CENTER sponsored by THE MIND and BODY INSTITUTE!
- Pick up some water, fruit, and bagels for replenish (or reward) yourself after the race.
- Awards will be given out approximately 8:45 am at the stage at the Health and Wellness Expo.
- There will the Health and Wellness Expo from 7.45 am-11:30 am at the Village Center on Main Street in Coopersburg. Make it a morning of health, wellness and fitness.
- JOHN MULLIN, BRIAN ZIONTS-BERNSTEIN, FRED WOODLEY (LUNG TRANSPLANT recipients) will starting the RACE. MAYOR GARY HOVIS will be joining us, too!
- Superwoman Alison Ackerman will leading the Kids’ Fun Run!
- There will be 5 GOLDEN TICKETS throughout the race. A volunteer will hand a lucky runner a ticket! There will be special something at the end of the race just for you:)
- We will be having 3 cheering sections along the route: ZONE 1 (Main Street to State Street); ZONE 2 (State Street to Linden Street); ZONE 3 (Linden Street to Main Street).
- There will be a contest for “BEST DRESSED/COSTUME” for any TEAM or INDIVIDUAL! It is Memorial Day! Let’s celebrate!
- Inflatable Obstacle Course at Health and Wellness Expo! Thank you to Let’s Bounce Around! (please note adult supervision, along with our fantastic Inflatable Obstacle Course Leader and Face Painting)
- Thank you to the Southern Chamber of Commerce..the NITTANY LION will be joining us again!!
- Thank you, too, to SLHS Mascot, SPARTI! What FUN!
- ONE LAST SURPRISE…you can’t miss it at the Health and Wellness Expo…it’s why we are running this very special event!
Race Day Info:
We recommend that you plan to arrive in Coopersburg early enough to allow adequate time to park should some designated parking areas be full.
IMPORTANT: Coopersburg streets will be blocked with barriers to all traffic beginning at 7:45 am.
LINE-UP IS AT 8:00 A.M.
The official start time is 8:10 a.m. on Main Street in Coopersburg. See RACE MAP. All ages and abilities are welcome. It’s your choice to run, jog or walk (please no bicycles, roller blades or scooters) for 3.1 miles.
The event starts and finishes on Main Street in Coopersburg, PA (see race map). The 5K route is on a scenic loop course through the historical district of Coopersburg Borough. You will pass by The Cooper Mansion, “The Big Red Barn”, as well as Coopersburg’s beautiful residential areas. Slight hills are characteristic. The final stretch is down Locust Street onto Main Street. There is plenty of room along the route for family and friends to cheer participants. Bring your megaphones and poms poms to cheer on the runners.